Join us for a public discussion about fire prevention (Jan 31, Feb 5, & Feb 7)
Fire season is now a year-round reality in El Dorado County and its surrounding areas. The tragic Camp Fire is but the latest example of the devastation from a wildfire out of control. But did you know:
- 15 of the largest 20 fires in California history have happened since 2000
- Since 2007, El Dorado County has seen major fires that have destroyed structures
With the surge in fire activity, we need to consider how to increase prevention measures. Three upcoming public meetings will provide information and discussion about the types of vegetation management options that could help decrease fire danger in El Dorado County communities.
We need your participation to develop the most effective vegetation management program so our County and its residents have the best chance of avoiding a fire disaster.
Join County District III Supervisor Brian Veerkamp, County staff and representatives from local fire agencies as we discuss this important topic.
- Thursday, January 31st- 6pm – BOS Chambers – 330 Fair Lane Placerville
- Tuesday, February 5th – 6pm – Pleasant Valley School Gym – 4120 Pleasant Valley Rd Placerville
- Thursday, February 7th– 6pm – Golden Sierra High School Gym – 5101 Garden Valley Rd Garden Valley
For information about these meetings, please contact Kathy Witherow at (530) 621-5652 or Bosthree@edcgov.us